Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Searching for a new deal?
If your current Royal Bank of Scotland mortgage deal is ending or you’re on Standard Variable Rate, you could switch to a better deal.
Find out more about switching your mortgage deal and get a personalised quote in just a few minutes.
Tools to help you plan
Check out our range of calculators below. They have been designed to help you better understand and manage your mortgage options.
Use our overpayment calculator to see how much you could save by making either extra monthly payments or paying a lump sum to your capital repayment mortgage.
Borrowing calculator and rate finder
We'll quickly show you how much we may be able to lend you, as well as our mortgage rates. Just have details of your income, outgoings, deposit and cost of your new home ready.
Energy saving ideas for your home
How energy efficient is your home?
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rates a property's energy efficiency and could help you to buy a home that’s more energy efficient, helping to reduce your impact on the climate too.
How to reduce your energy bills
Whether you’re a renter or a homeowner, you could start saving energy – and money – with these simple tips.
Energy saving changes for your home
Take a look at how you could save money in the long term with some changes to help make your home more energy efficient.
Thinking of borrowing more on your mortgage?
Borrow more on your mortgage
Achieve your future plans in the present
If you have a residential mortgage with us, in some circumstances, you could borrow up to 90% of the value of your home.
- Applications for additional borrowing are subject to LTV and must meet our current lending requirements.
- Minimum amount is £10,000.
- Minimum term 3 years - maximum term 40 years (35 if it's an interest only or Buy to Let mortgage).
- You will need to be able to repay your mortgage in full before you are:
- 75 for a capital and interest mortgage
- 70 for a residential interest only mortgage
- 80 for a Buy to Let mortgage.
Additional borrowing is available on a capital and interest repayment basis. You may be able to borrow more on an interest only basis, subject to criteria.
A guide to paying off your mortgage
Our mortgage repayment guide covers the different types of mortgage available, as well as things to consider if you're looking to pay off your mortgage early.
Need to change names on your mortgage?
Changing the names on your mortgage is also called a 'Transfer of Title' and we're here to help you if you want to do any of the following:
- Change your mortgage from a single name to joint names.
- Change your mortgage from joint names to a single name.
- Remove a joint name and add a new joint name to your mortgage.