On this page
Everyday accounts for under 18s
Give your child money confidence early on with an everyday spending bank account.
Pocket money app (ages 3-17)
Good for: creating positive money habits.
NatWest Rooster Money comes with a prepaid debit card option from age 6.
- Monitor their spending with limits and alerts.
- Create custom pots for saving money.
- Free Rooster card subscription: for Royal Bank customers with kids aged 6-17.
T&Cs apply (PDF, 100KB). Eligibility criteria apply. Card offer includes up to three cards, other fees may apply. Fees apply for non Royal Bank personal customers.
Current account and debit card (ages 11-17)
Good for: more financial independence with no parental controls.
Our Revolve bank account for children and teens.
- Tap to pay with contactless, Google or Apple Pay.
- Earn 2.70% AER, 2.67% Gross p.a. (variable) interest on your balance. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly.
- No fees or overdraft so you don't have to worry about debt.
Account eligibility and app criteria applies. 11-15s must apply with a parent or guardian with a Royal Bank current account. Apple Pay and Google Pay™ available for ages 13+.
Saving and investing accounts for children
Save in a tax-efficient ISA or hold an account in trust for your child. Whichever way you go, they’ll have funds ready for their future.
Instant access savings for under 16s
Good for: learning about money management.
Our First Saver account for children.
- Account is held in trust: the account is opened in your name to save for your child.
- Interest rate: 2.70% AER, 2.67% Gross p.a. (variable). Interest is calculated daily and paid quarterly.
Account eligibility apply.
Royal Bank Junior ISA
Good for: gaining a head start.
Invest on behalf of children aged 14 and under.
- Start with just £50 and top-up with as little as £10.
- Invest up to £9k per child for the current tax year.
- Your child can withdraw money once they’re 18
- You could get a cash reward from £20 - £5,000 depending on how much you invest.
- You could be entered in to a prize draw for up to £10,000 by setting up a new regular monthly payment.*
The Royal Bank Invest Junior ISA is a Stocks & Shares ISA. The value of investments can fall as well as rise, and you may not get back the full amount you invest. Cash reward offer and prize draw entry end at 5pm on 4th March 2024. We reserve the right to change or withdraw these offers before 4th March 2024. One entry per person. T&C's, fees and charges apply.
*One lucky winner will get £10,000 and 10 others will win £1,000.
Build money confidence
Money skills could equip your child for life. MoneySense is here to give you all the help, know-how and inspiration you need with money games, banking guidance and app know-how.