About Royal Bank of Scotland car loans
A car loan from Royal Bank could help you spread the cost of a new or used car you always wanted.
It's easy to apply online. You can get a quote at the start of your application and then decide if you want to take out a loan or not.
You could get your loan funds on the same day if you apply online, are unconditionally accepted and sign your loan documents before 5.45pm Mon-Fri. Sometimes we need to contact you for more information, so it can take a little longer.
To apply, you must be 18+ and a UK resident with a Royal Bank of Scotland current account (held for 3+ months).
Car loan calculator
The rate you pay depends on your circumstances and loan amount and may differ from the Representative APR. We will never offer you a rate exceeding 29.9% p.a. (fixed), regardless of loan size. This means you're not guaranteed to get the rate you see in the calculator.
Car loan repayment terms
If you're feeling a bit confused about APR, take a couple of minutes to read our quick guide.
Things to consider before buying a car
Think about all the costs involved with your car
It’s easy to focus on the car price, but you might also want to set aside some of your loan to get your car ready for the road. Keep in mind:
- The costs of any repairs that might be needed
- The car running costs such as breakdown cover or MOT.
- The costs of paperwork like car insurance or registration.
For more information read our guide to buying a car.
Find a little flexibility with our repayment holiday
When you apply for a loan, based on your circumstances, we might give you the opportunity to defer your first repayment.
- It's only available at the start of your loan term
- You can defer your first loan repayment for a three month period
- If this option is available to you, we'll show the details of your repayment holiday during the quote stage of your application
What to know about a car loan
Money in your account quickly
Mobile App features OpenClose
Borrowing options OpenClose
Let's get ready to apply
Before you apply, we need to check you're happy with a few things.
First, you can apply online if you:
- are 18+ and a UK resident with a Royal Bank of Scotland current account (held for 3+ months)
- have not been declared bankrupt in the last 6 years
- have not applied for a personal loan with us within the last 28 days