On this page
App available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and Android devices and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries. Digital Banking available to customers aged 11+ with a Royal Bank of Scotland account.
Effortlessly make and receive payments
There’s more than one way to pay with your card. Why not try contactless payment for transactions up to £100? Or leave the wallet at home and use digital wallet on your phone and wearable devices. Whether you’re paying online or in-store you can make safe, quick and convenient payments without needing to carry cash. We've now introduced new ways you can request money within the Royal Bank app, through PayMe, Split Bill and Reusable Payment Link.
Safe, quick and protected payments
- Your card is one of the safest ways to pay and gives you greater protection when you’re shopping online.
- You can keep track of what you buy with your app. It even gives you spending insights to help you budget better.
- If there's a problem with something you bought with your card recently, we may be able to help. Find out more by visiting our card payment support centre.
- Many internet browsers can autofill your payment details – so you only need to remember your 3-digit CVC code on the back of your card. Find out more by visiting Safari , Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge autofill guides.
Safe, quick, convenient
- Use contactless for an easy and safe way to pay for all those everyday items up to £100. Request a contactless Debit Card if you have a Foundation or Revolve account.
- If you use Apple Pay or Google Pay, you can make contactless payments even when it’s over the contactless limit (retailer limits may apply).
- Don’t forget you can also make payments using chip and PIN. Remember to always cover your PIN.
Get paid easily
- You can share a secure Reusable Payment Link or a QR code, or you can do this as a single payment request using PayMe.
- Split Bill allows you to share payment request links with multiple people at once directly from your transactions. Great for sharing the cost of a meal with friends.
Eligibility and criteria limits apply.
Click to Pay available on selected retailers.
Click to Pay
Click to Pay is a new convenient and secure way to pay online using your debit or credit card without the need for filling in the details every time.
Look for the Click to Pay Icon and button at online checkout
Enjoy one click password-free checkout securely
Apple Pay and Google Pay
Just add your debit or credit card to digital wallet - Apple Pay or Google Pay™ on your phone and wearable devices for an easy and secure way to pay. No personal information is passed from your device to the reader, and we keep your payments safe and protected – just like chip and PIN or contactless payments.
- It’s easy to pay online. There is no need to enter your card details again.
- When Apple Pay and Google Pay are not available online, they could still autofill your card details - you just need your 3-digit CVV code on the back of your card.
- Make contactless payments over the contactless limit in a shop without even needing a device signal.
- Keep your account safe with your device's biometric authentication - Face ID, Touch ID or face/fingerprint unlock.
- Your payment information is encrypted and you get instant notifications when money comes out of your account.
*Touch ID and Face ID available on selected Apple devices. Face/fingerprint unlock available on selected Android devices.
How to add your card
Select your Royal Bank card as your default card in Apple Pay or Google Pay and you can start shopping wherever you see the contactless logo. Our step-by-step guides can help you get started.
Keeping your payments safe
Whether you're using your card online or in-store, here’s some ways to stay protected.
Be fraud aware
We’re always on the lookout for transactions that seem a bit strange. So we might occasionally ask you to approve your online card payment in your NatWest mobile banking app or by entering a one-time passcode (OTP) before the money leaves your account.
Treat these codes like your card PIN and never share them with anyone - even the bank, police, or any other trusted organisation.
Never approve a card payment in your mobile app that you haven't made yourself or that someone else has asked you to approve - this is a scam.
Find out more about how we protect you with Multi-Factor Authentication.
Shop safely online
We all love a bargain but be vigilant when buying online. Don't give anyone your personal information such as login details and passcodes. Only use shops that you trust and always take extra care if you’re buying from social media or online marketplaces.
Use strong passwords
When spending online use strong passwords and try to mix them up between accounts.
To help you keep track, many internet browsers now offer to generate and securely store your passwords to help keep your details safe.
Be a ScamSmart investor
Before you make an investment payment, check the FCA ScamSmart website for advice on how to protect yourself from investment and pension scams. Make sure you know who you are dealing with and check to see if a firm is FCA-authorised. Always remember, if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is and you may lose your money
Other ways to pay
Did you know you can make payments using our Mobile app or Digital Banking?
It’s a safe and easy way to make payments within minutes.
We don’t charge a fee to send standard international payments using digital banking or the mobile app.
Please be aware, the recipient bank may charge fees for international payments.
Helping you stay safe
Always be cautious of out of the blue requests to send money via bank transfer. Stop and think, could it be a scam? Visit our security centre pages to find out more.
Request a contactless Debit Card
You can now request a contactless Debit Card if you have a basic Foundation or Revolve account to make contact free purchases.
To request a contactless Debit Card, you can call us on 0345 366 0013 (Relay UK: 18001 0345 366 0013).
Using your card abroad
Buy a drink on the beach or a meal in a local café with no need to carry cash. Where accepted, your card or mobile device could make all these payments safely so you can enjoy your trip to the fullest.