To apply, you must be 16+ and hold a Royal Bank current account and be a UK resident
Take a peek at Flexible Saver
How does it work?
Get off to a fast start
It's easy and quick. Just hit the apply button to get started. Once set up, you can choose when and how you want to save. We also have handy digital tools to help you reach your savings goals.
Flex your savings when you need to
You can add a lump sum or set up a standing order or pay in what you want, when you want. It's up to you.
Easy access to your cash
Withdraw your savings easily at anytime by using Digital Banking, the Royal Bank mobile app or pop along to your branch.
Digital Banking available to customers with a Royal Bank of Scotland account. App available to customers with compatible iOS and Android devices and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries
Account name: Flexible Saver
What is the interest rate?
AER p.a. (variable)
Gross p.a (variable)
Can Royal Bank of Scotland change the interest rate?
Yes, we may change the rate up or down. There are a few reasons for this, such as a change in the Bank of England base rate. You can find a full list of reasons for an interest rate change in section 9.2 of the Savings Account Terms. We’ll give you at least 14 days’ notice if the rates are going down and your balance is £100 or more. Otherwise we’ll tell you before or shortly after the change. You can find more details about how we’d tell you about a change in section 9.2 of the Savings Account Terms (PDF, 501 KB).
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a range of deposits?
Initial deposit amount
Balance after 12 months
How do I open and manage my account?
- To apply you must be a UK resident, aged 16+ and hold a Royal Bank current account, or apply for a Royal Bank current account at the same time.
- We will need an email address and mobile number to open your account. You can update them online.
- You can open and manage your account on our mobile app, online or by telephone.
- To open in branch you must bring your own digital device such as a mobile or tablet and our staff can assist you opening the account yourself.
- You can pay money in by transfer from a current account or savings account in your name held with us or held with another bank (Online, by telephone or on the mobile app).
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account; no minimum deposit needs to be made on a regular basis; and there is no maximum balance limit.
- You can use Round Ups with Flexible Saver.
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you can withdraw your money at anytime. Simply move the amount you want to your current account held with us using Digital Banking, mobile app, in branch or by telephone.
If you close or switch your current account with us in future, you will only be able to withdraw money from your account in branch.
AER: This is a notional rate used for interest bearing accounts which illustrates the interest rate if paid and compounded each year. It helps you to compare the effective rates of credit interest on different accounts.
Gross: The interest rate you are paid without the deduction of UK income tax.
p.a.: per annum (per year)
Get ready to apply
Before you apply, we need to check you're happy with a few things. And ask you a few questions up front. Then we can make your application as quick and simple as it can be.
First things first. Please take a look at the important legal info:
If you carry on applying, it means you're happy with what's in these documents, including the FSCS information sheet. Please take some time to review, print and/or save the important information.