What can we help with?
We're here to support you
Thank you for supporting the UK's critical healthcare services.
We know that as well as looking after your families, you may have other worries about money. This page is here to help you bank from home, contact us when you need to and understand what financial help is available during this unprecedented time.
Please note that calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. The cost of your call will depend on what phone line you're using.
How to contact us
We have set up an emergency customer care line for customers who work for the NHS or in social care. It is managed by a dedicated team of Customer Care experts and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call us on: 0800 0466 734
- Relay UK: 18001 0800 0466 734
Our team of experts are ready to help with emergency banking support you with:
- advice on taking mortgage or loan repayment holidays
- accessing fixed term savings account funds without penalty
- setting up Digital and Mobile Banking
This dedicated line has been set up so NHS and social care workers can get through to us quickly when they really need us.
Please don't call this number if you're not in the NHS or social care - we're ready to help you through secure online messaging or social media.
Wait times on the phone, web chat and social media messaging may be longer than usual. Please bear with us, we're doing our very best to get to you as soon as we can.
Do your banking from home
Use Digital Banking
Use a bigger screen to check your balances or transactions, search through your statements and move money between your accounts.
Our Digital Banking page helps you find out more about what you can do.
Instead of coming into a branch, you can use your phone, tablet or computer to have a video chat with one of our bankers.
We are here to help discuss your finances and help you bank from home.
Digital banking is available to customers aged 11+ with a Royal Bank of Scotland account.
App available to customers aged 11+ using compatible iOS and Android devices and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Video Banking is available between 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 3pm Saturdays. Video Banking may be recorded.
Sending money, getting cash and paying by card
Sending Money OpenClose
Getting Cash OpenClose
Paying by card OpenClose
Be aware of scammers
Be aware of emails promoting fake cures
Watch out for impersonation scams
Tax refunds linked to Coronavirus
Talk to us if you are unsure something's genuine
Get the app
- Open the Royal Bank app, tap 'I'm already a customer'. Read and accept the Mobile Banking Terms then tap ‘Get Started’
- Enter your Digital Banking customer number. Don’t have these? Tap 'What's my customer number?'.
- Enter the characters from your Digital Banking PIN and Password. Don't have these? Tap 'Forgotten secure details?'
- Confirm your mobile number and enter the activation code we text to you. If your mobile number is wrong then log in to Digital Banking to update it, then return to the app in 3 days to finish registering.
- Choose a passcode to log into the app. If your device has facial or fingerprint recognition, you can choose to log in with that later.
- If you need any help once in the app then just tap the 'Help' button on the bottom bar if you have any questions.