Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Switching deal - your options
Log-in to our 'Manage my Mortgage' portal to view the available mortgage deals and get your personalised quote. Once you've decided on your new deal complete the process online.
You'll need your:
- mortgage account number
- date of birth
- and mortgaged property postcode.
We'll also send you a one-time passcode to your registered mobile number for enhanced security purposes.
If you would prefer to speak to someone in relation to your options, you can arrange an appointment with one of our telephone based mortgage professionals.
We can support our Buy-to-let mortgage customers on a non-advised basis.
Our mortgage promise...
Quick and easy to renew
No new credit or affordability checks
No new forms to complete
No new valuation required
Thinking of borrowing more on your mortgage?
You can apply to borrow more, on the same rate, when you choose a new mortgage deal. Both applications can be done at the same time. Make an appointment with one of our mortgage professionals who can help you further.
Where there is a consent to let on the property, borrowing is restricted to home improvements, raising equity to buy another property or buying out an existing holder/partner.
The following conditions apply:
- Applications for additional borrowing are subject to the loan to value and must meet our current lending requirements, which include being resident in the UK.
- Minimum amount is £10,000. (A personal loan could be an option if you need less).
- Minimum term 3 years - maximum term 40 years (35 if it's an interest only or Buy to Let mortgage).
- You will need to be able to repay your mortgage in full before you are:
- 75 for a capital and interest mortgage
- 70 for a residential interest only mortgage
- 80 for a Buy to Let mortgage.
- Additional borrowing is available on a capital and interest repayment basis. You may be able to borrow more on an interest only basis, subject to criteria.
Unsure if you can switch right now?
You can choose to switch online if:
Your current Residential or Buy-to-let mortgage deal is coming to an end soon.
Your mortgage deal has ended and you're currently paying our Standard Variable Rate (SVR).
You’re happy to choose your new deal yourself without advice.
You need to talk to us if:
You would like help choosing a new deal.
You're "in-deal", but would like to consider breaking from that one to switch to a new deal (Early Repayment Charges may apply).
You have a RBS Offset mortgage.
Things to consider when choosing your new deal
Whether you're rolling off your current deal or are already on our Standard Variable Rate (SVR), we could have an option to suit your circumstances. You may also want to think about:
- How important is it that your monthly payment remains the same for an agreed period of time?
- How you feel about changes in interest rates, and the impact that this could have on your monthly mortgage payment?
- How you feel about lower monthly payments in the early years, even if they fluctuate?
- Do you see any changes in your circumstances within the next 2 to 5 years that could impact your finances?