What type of account are you looking for?
Everyday bank account
The one that just gets things done.
Basic current account today, access to RBS's vast offering for your future tomorrow.
- Access to a 5 star rated account.
- Free of monthly fees.
- Quick to set up, easy to use.
Must be 18+ UK resident to apply.
The one that gets your money working for you.
Daily spend + Direct Debits = Rewards.
- Get rewarded for everyday banking.
- Earn rewards for spending at our partner retailers with your Royal Bank debit card.
- Every month, earn £4 back in Rewards for paying 2 or more Direct Debits from your reward account - 2 of those Direct Debits need to be at least £2 each.
- All this for £2 a month.
Must be 18+, UK resident, and pay in £1,250 to an eligible Royal Bank account every month. T&Cs apply.
Other current accounts
Share your banking
A joint bank account could make sense if you're looking to share your Select or Reward account with someone you trust.
A straightforward account
If you're not eligible for the bank account you are applying for, you might be offered the Foundation account instead. You can't apply directly for this account.
Access extra perks
Enjoy a host of exciting benefits with our Premier current accounts.
Specific account and Premier eligibility criteria apply.
For existing customers
Upgrade your existing RBS current account to a packaged account. Specific account eligibility criteria apply.
£10 monthly fee
- European travel insurance.
- Mobile phone insurance.
- Fee-free foreign card purchases.
- Plus, all the benefits of the Reward account.
£20 monthly fee
- Worldwide travel insurance.
- UK car breakdown cover.
- Includes all Reward Silver's benefits too.
Student, child & teen accounts
Specific account eligibility criteria applies.
Student bank account
The one that makes studenting easier.
- A 4-year free tastecard (worth £29.99 per year). Offer T&Cs apply. Based on the standard annual cost direct from tastecard excluding any offers. Correct as at 23rd May 2023.
- 18 or older? Interest-free overdraft - get an overdraft of up to £2,000 from year one (Limited to £500 in term one year one), with an instant online decision. Students can a apply for up to £3,250 interest-free from year three onwards.
Specific account eligibility criteria apply. Overdraft subject to eligibility.
Child & Teen
Looking for a kid's account?
Revolve account (11-17 year olds)
- Current account with a contactless debit card for 11-17 year olds.
- Earn 2.70% AER / 2.67% Gross p.a. (variable) interest on the balance.
- Apple Pay (if you're 13+) and Google Pay™ (if you're 13+). Limits apply.
Rooster Money (3-17 year olds)
- Parent-managed pocket money app for 3-17 year olds.
- Set allowances and track your kids' spending and saving.
Eligibility criteria, fees & charges may apply. T&Cs apply (PDF, 100KB).
Banking made better
Protecting your money
Eligible deposits with us are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK's deposit guarantee scheme.
Switch to RBS
With another bank? The Current Account Switch Service will move everything from your old account over to us in 7 working days. Let us know in your application if you want to switch and when to get the ball rolling. Click the link below to find out more.