On this page
Say hello to Rooster Money
Our Rooster Card subscription offer is now free for Royal Bank customers
- Set limits, make top ups and get real time spend notifications with the Rooster Money app.
- It’s secure – with a freeze card option, one-time CVV for online shopping and built in blockers.
- Pick a Rooster Card design from a range of options
- Pay with their Rooster Card straight from their iPhone, Apple Watch or Mac with Apple Pay
To be eligible for the free Rooster Card Subscription offer you must be a Royal Bank customer, over 18, a UK resident, registered for either Mobile Banking or Digital Banking with kids aged between 6 and 17. Offer includes up to three cards. Some card designs may incur a fee. Card designs subject to availability. Other fees may apply. T&Cs apply (PDF, 100KB).
Virtual Pocket Money Tracker
- Set allowances and track your kids’ spending and saving.
- Transfer funds to your kids’ accounts on a certain day.
- Helps develop thoughtful spending by letting kids choose how to divide their money into spend, save and give pots.
Eligibility criteria apply.
Hear from families using Rooster Money
"Love this app! Great for teaching my kids good money habits, and makes my life easier too!"
"Great for teaching my Granddaughter to save and experience in using her card in shops to purchase things she has saved for, building her confidence"
"This app is exactly what I was looking for to manage my kids allowance and chores before they move on to managing their own money."
Are they ready for more independence?
Kids current account
Opening a current account is an important step towards independence for any child. The Royal Bank Revolve account means you can give them their first taste of managing their own money- safely and securely.
- Available for children and teens aged between 11 and 17.
- Current account with a contactless debit card.
- Get 2.63% AER / 2.60% Gross p.a (variable) on your balance.
- You won't have to pay any regular set fee to have this account.
This account is available to 11-17 year olds who are UK residents. 11-15s must apply with a parent or guardian who has a Royal Bank of Scotland current account.
Other ways we can help
Teaching kids about money
Wondering where to begin teaching kids about money? Our guide can be a great place to start.
Free financial education
MoneySense is our free programme where kids, parents and even teachers can learn about money. It’s full of activities, games and articles to make learning fun.
Invest for the future
If you’re looking to invest money for your child’s future, a Junior ISA may be a good option. Money is invested, which means it could grow more than in a normal bank account. But remember, the value of investments can go down as well as up and your capital is at risk. Eligibility criteria, fees and charges apply.