Royal Bank of Scotland home insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, registration number 202810.
Please note this product is only available online, alternative options are available in branch.
Get a free gift when you take out a new policy
From the 3rd August, if you take out a new home insurance policy with us online by the 30th November, we'll give you a free gift. You can choose from either:
- A Nescafe Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine
- An Ener-J Video Doorbell
- JBL Wireless Earbuds
- Four trees will be planted in UK cities or urban areas on your behalf
Find out more about these gifts here
Premier insurance policies are excluded from this offer.
Why choose Building and Contents Insurance?
- You could get a quote in less than five minutes.
- This policy has been awarded the highest Defaqto rating.
- You can choose between two levels of cover and add optional extras.
- You can pay monthly at no additional cost. (Subject to eligibility and credit agreement. Credit facilities for over 18s only. Representative 0.0% APR)
- If your home is broken into or burgled, we’re available day or night to make it secure. (Excludes the Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and the Scottish and Channel Islands. Policy and Cover limits apply)
Cover options OpenClose
Standard home insurance
Elite home insurance
Core cover OpenClose
Contents away from home
Optional extras OpenClose
Switch your home insurance to us
When you switch your home insurance to us, you can claim up to £50 towards any cancellation fees your current insurer charges. Once you’ve cancelled your existing cover and taken out one of our policies, get in touch with U K Insurance Limited. They’ll arrange for you to be reimbursed within 7 to 10 working days.
What to expect
Fill in your details
Tailor your policy
Review and apply
As we tackle climate change and move away from using paper we ask that you download and save documents to your device.
The 'Insurance: Important Information About Us' document can be posted to you if you need it in a paper format.