How can I register a Power of Attorney (POA) with you if I live overseas?

How can I register a Power of Attorney (POA) with you if I live overseas?

If you are a non-UK resident living overseas, you can register a POA with us by completing the Add Power of Attorney to an Account (PDF, 105KB) form and sending it to the below address:

Royal Bank of Scotland
1 Hardman Boulevard
M3 3AQ
United Kingdom

Please also include certified copies of:

  • Your full POA document
  • A valid passport (we do not accept temporary passports)
  • Proof of address

All three copies must be certified by a bank or solicitor in your country of residence. Each document will need to be individually certified and include details of the certifier, full name, job role, address, contact number and email address. POA documents must be drawn up in accordance with UK law. Some POA documents also contain certificates which we will also need to see, so please ensure that you include all parts of the document.

Acceptable forms of proof of address:

  • Bank statement for an account you hold at another bank, building society or Post Office (must be the original mailed statement for a personal account, dated within 6 months)
  • Utility bill with personal details matching your application form (must be original mailed bill or statement, dated within 6 months). Please note, we do not accept mobile phone/mobile internet data bills, TV licence or delivery bills for goods

For non-UK residents, it can take up to 28 working days for a POA to be added onto an account.

If your documentation is not in English, we ask that you also send us your written consent to share your documentation with our 3rd party provider The Big Word in order to translate your documents.

Didn't find what you were looking for?