See how a Royal Bank overdraft could help
An arranged overdraft lets you borrow money up to an agreed limit on your bank account. So if things are a wee bit tight, an arranged overdraft could help bridge the gap short-term.
Interest-free up to £2,000
- Interest-free arranged overdraft up to £2,000 (£500 in your first term)
- Get handy text alerts to help you stay on top of things
Interest-free up to £3,250 from year three
- Students can apply for up to £3,250* interest-free from year three onwards.
Apply with ease
- It takes around 5 minutes to apply through Digital banking
- Get a decision straight away if you bank online with us
Overdrafts are a way of borrowing money and you're responsible for repayments if you decide to use one. If you're unable to repay what is owed, you could harm your credit score. Most lenders use this to assess whether they'll lend to you.
Features and benefits
Before you apply OpenClose
If you're accepted OpenClose
Tools to help you out
Check your chances of being accepted before applying
Have a shot of our eligibility checker tool, which will help you understand if you’re likely to be accepted for an overdraft before you start an application. It only takes a couple of minutes and it won’t harm your credit rating.
Find out how much interest you're likely to pay
Our cost checker tool allows you to see how much interest you’re likely to pay based on how much you plan to borrow, and how regularly you want to use it.
Get ready to apply
You can apply for an overdraft if you:
- Are aged 18+ and living in the UK
- Have not been declared bankrupt in the last 6 years