What can we help with?
We're here to support you
We understand that these are uncertain times, and many of you may be worried. We want to assure you that looking after our customers and colleagues is our number one priority.
If you’re concerned about being affected financially or being unable to get to the bank due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this page is here to help.
How to do your banking from home
During this time we want to make it as easy as possible for you to manage and look after your money.
That's why we have made it easy to start using our mobile app and Digital Banking, or you can chat with one of our bankers face to face with Video Banking.
Set up mobile banking
Our mobile app lets you view your account balances or transactions, move money between accounts, pay other people and manage your bills. It's also available for tablets.
To watch more helpful videos on getting started and using the app, our Video Hub is here to help.
Get the app
- Open the Royal Bank app, tap 'I'm already a customer'. Read and accept the Mobile Banking Terms then tap ‘Get Started’.
- Enter your Digital Banking customer number. Don’t have these? Tap 'What's my customer number?'.
- Enter the characters from your Digital Banking PIN and password. Don't have these? Tap 'Forgotten secure details?'
- Confirm your mobile number and enter the activation code we text to you. If your mobile number is wrong then log in to Digital Banking to update it, then return to the app in 3 days to finish registering.
- Choose a passcode to log into the app. If your device has facial or fingerprint recognition, you can choose to log in with that later.
- If you need any help once in the app then just tap the 'Help' button on the bottom bar if you have any questions.
Get the app
Get the app
App available to customers aged 11+ using compatible iOS and Android devices and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Digital Banking is available to customers aged 11+ with a Royal Bank of Scotland account.
We're here to help you bank from home
Video Banking is available between 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 3pm Saturdays. Video Banking may be recorded.
Sending money, getting cash and go contactless
Sending money OpenClose
Getting cash OpenClose
Go contactless OpenClose
How to contact us
We have a dedicated support line set up for customers who are over 60.
It's managed by a dedicated team of Customer Care experts and is open from 8am – 8pm, 7 days a week.
- Call us on: 0800 051 4177 (overseas +44 800 051 4177)
- Relay UK: 18001 0800 051 4177
Our Customer Care experts will also be able to help guide you through how to register for our online and mobile banking services if you need support.
Please note that calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. The cost of your call will depend on what phone line you're using.