Royal Bank of Scotland mortgages are available to over 18s. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
What is a 95% mortgage?
- A 95% mortgage, also known as a 95% loan-to-value (LTV) mortgage, is a mortgage to purchase a property with a small deposit (at least 5% but less than 10% of the purchase price).
- Your deposit is the amount of money that you need to put into the mortgage to make up 100% of the final purchase price.
We are now offering 91-95% LTV mortgages
Am I eligible to apply for a 95% mortgage?
Along with the normal mortgage checks, to be eligible, the mortgage must be;
- for a property valued no more than £600,000
- on a property not classed as a new build property
- a loan-to-value (LTV) of between 91% and 95%
- a residential mortgage (i.e. not a buy-to-let mortgage)
- a repayment mortgage and not an interest-only mortgage
- taken out by an individual or individuals, not a business.
How can I apply for a 95% mortgage?
You can either apply online, over the phone or by video call.
Before you apply for a 95% mortgage you’ll first need an Agreement in Principle, which takes less than 10 minutes.
Then, if you're confident in your choice of mortgage and happy to take responsibility for the mortgage you've chosen, you can apply online or, if you'd like some advice, you can book an appointment with one of our mortgage professionals.
Call us now on: 0800 056 0567
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat 9am-4pm, Sun Closed. Excluding public holidays.
Relay UK: 18001 0800 056 0567
What is the maximum LTV currently offered?
- Currently Royal Bank offers a maximum LTV of 95% for a mortgage
- To get a 95% LTV mortgage, you would need to have a deposit of at least 5% of the agreed purchase price of the house you wish to buy
With the deposit you have, find out how much you could borrow, what house prices you could afford and what your monthly mortgage payments could be with our mortgage calculator.
What does 'LTV' mean?
It means 'loan-to-value' and is the percentage of the property's value that's being covered by the mortgage. You may see 95% mortgages described as '95% LTV'.
If your mortgage is £200,000, and your property is valued at £250,000, your LTV is 80%.
LTV is a percentage figure that reflects the amount of your property that is mortgaged. The remaining amount is yours and is usually referred to as your equity.
What mortgage options are available?
Already have a deposit saved and want to know which houses you could afford?
Use our mortgage calculator and find out:
- How much we may be able to lend to you
- What mortgage rates we can offer
- How much your monthly payments might be
Buying your first home?
It can be daunting when you are looking to buy your first home. There are lots of things to think about and consider.
Why not take a look at our First Time Buyers guide to help get you on the path to buying your own home.