On this page
Getting the right help
If you’ve lost someone in your business, we’re here to make the banking side of things as simple as possible through practical help and support.
It’s normal to feel uncertainty when responding to a bereavement in your business.
Once you’ve notified us of a bereavement, our team will get in touch by phone or email to help you with the next steps. Please note, the call will come from a withheld number.
Tell us about a bereavement
Are you the Executor, Next of Kin or Solicitor?
If you are the Executor, Next of Kin or the solicitor, the quickest way to notify us is through our digital service, please us the ‘Notify Us’ link below.
If you’ve already notified us regarding the deceased's personal accounts OR notified us via the Death Notification service (DNS), you don’t need to tell us again. We will be in touch.
If you notified us of a bereavement via the digital tool before 18th November 2023, then you can access your request by logging into Click & Notify.
Not the Executor or Next of Kin?
To notify us of a bereavement if you’re not the Executor or Next of Kin, you can:
- Start a webchat using the link below
- Call us on 0800 161 5904
- Contact your Relationship Manager directly
- Visit us in a Branch
- Send us a letter including your business name, sort code and account number, the deceased person’s name, and your name and contact number. Post it to:
PO Box 5612,
What we may ask for:
Depending on your business type, we may need some extra information to update our records. This could include:
- Death Certificate – an original or certified copy
- Copy of the Will (Sole traders and Partnerships only)
- Proof of your identify
- Grant of Representation / Probate or Confirmation for Scotland
Our specialist team will explain what's needed for your situation.