On this page
What is Business Quick Deposit?
Business Quick Deposit (BQD) is a quick, easy and secure way for non-personal customers to pay in cash and cheques via the branch network without having to wait whilst the deposit is checked.
Notes, coins, and cheques are sealed in a uniquely barcoded tamper-proof wallet. This wallet can then be paid in at either our branch counter or at an Automated Deposit Unit (also known as a BQD machine) available in over 280 branches across the UK. With either option, an acknowledgement slip is provided which will enable you to verify that the wallet has been received safely.
You will receive same day credit for the stated cash value (if deposited at a branch before 3.30pm), and we will endeavour to count and notify you of any differences within five business days.
Is Business Quick Deposit right for me?
You might consider BQD if you:
Are looking for a secure way to pay in money
Want to save time when paying in at a branch
Want same day value on cash deposits
Are paying in an average of between £500 - £10,000 in cash and/or cheques
Have been operating a non-personal bank account satisfactorily for longer than 90 days
What are the benefits of Business Quick Deposit?
How does it work?
- Prepare Cash & Cheques - Count notes & coin then place in cash compartment and cheques in the voucher compartment
- Prepare Wallet - Fill in cash and cheque value on wallet. Complete pay-in slip and place in voucher compartment then seal wallet
- Deposit at the Bank - Deposit wallet at the counter or at a BQD machine (Automated Deposit Unit) for acknowledgement slip value received same day
- Post Bank Visit - Notification of any differences via email within 5 business days. Differences traceable with slip
Apply for Business Quick Deposit
You’ll need Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download) to view the form as this pdf will not display in your browser. Right click 'Business Quick Deposit eform', save it to your computer and 'Open with' Adobe Acrobat Reader.
It only takes a few minutes to apply for Business Quick Deposit via this secure electronic application form. Please click the link and follow the instructions provided. Please note that the person submitting the application must be an authorised signatory on the business account and be submitting the application from an email address we hold on file.
Your application will be reviewed and a decision sent to you by email using the information we hold on file.
- Business Quick Deposit Fact Sheet (PDF , 112KB)
- Paying In Guide (PDF , 2.8MB)
- Business Quick Deposit log sheet (PDF , 96KB)
If you are unable to apply for Business Quick Deposit via the quick and secure electronic method mentioned above, you may wish to complete and return this alternative paper application form to a branch or your normal bank contact.