Here’s how to avoid missing rent or mortgage payments by setting up a simple and secure Standing Order. With your payment details and card reader to hand.
- Log into online banking at NatWest.com
- Once you’re logged in, select ‘Payments and Transfers’ from the options on the left of the screen
- Select “Create a new standing order” in the ‘regular payments’ dropdown then press ‘go’.
- Now you’ll need your card reader and card
- Fill in the payees name, account number, and sort code, and if you want, a name for your standing order.
- Select the Payment period and click next
- Now choose the account the Standing Order is to be paid from.
- Enter the amount
- And how often you want your Standing order to be paid
- Then Click next
- You’ll see a summary page of your standing order payment
- Scroll down to the authorising your transaction options
- Put your card into your card reader
- Select “respond” on your card reader when prompted
- When prompted, enter your cards Pin into the reader
- Now enter the 8 digit number into your card reader and press OK
- A new passcode is generated on your card reader; enter the 8 digit number into the required field
- Select ‘Confirm’
And you’ve now set up a new Standing Order