We are committed to providing excellent service to everyone. We recognise that our customers have a range of needs and we are working with various groups to make sure that our services and products are completely accessible.
Icon expand Mobility
We are improving our branches to make access easier for everyone. Where possible, all of our new and refurbished branches have been designed with the following features:
- A permanent or temporary ramp
- Automatic or power assisted doors
- Interview rooms at ground level with access suitable for wheelchair users
- Counter positions at lower levels for customers who use wheelchairs and, in branches where this isn't possible, a writing table at a lower level
- All branches have lower level writing shelves
- Where possible, our newer cash machines have been installed at a height suitable for wheelchair access
Icon expand Sight
We are improving our branches to make access easier for everyone. For example, we are improving lighting levels and fitting handrails to steps. Where possible, all of our new and refurbished branches have been designed with the following features:
- Automatic or power assisted doors
- Layout and signage designed with suitable colour contrast to assist our partially sighted customers
Accessible Debit Card
The accessible debit card has been specially designed to be easier to use if you're blind or partially sighted.
The card has two unique features:
- A series of raised dots so you'll know whether the card is a debit or savings card.
- A carved out notch on the side of the card, so you can work out which way to insert your card into a cash machine or card reader
You can find out more information on the accessible debit card here.
All of our cash machines have audible tone prompts after each key depression. The keyboards on our new cash machines also have the following features:
- Raised dot on the number 5
- Coloured keys for 'entry' and 'error'
- A depression in the middle of the keys making the keys easier to press
We will be installing cash machines that can talk. A guide to using our cash machines is available in Braille, large print or on audio.
For customers with visual impairments we provide the following services free of charge:
- Statements and general correspondence produced in Braille, large print or on audiotape
- Brochures produced in Braille, large print or on audiotape
- PIN numbers provided in Braille
- We provide templates to help you write your cheques
Alt on Windows
Ctrl + ⌥ Opt on Mac
Alt+Shift on Windows
Ctrl+⌥ Opt on Mac
H Load home page
A Load accessibility page
N Skip to the main navigation of a page
S Skip to the main content of a page
The new website should work with the accessibility options in IOS and Android on Tablet and mobile.
The website should also work with all major screen reader software
Icon expand Hearing
- Hearing induction loops in all of our branches. In addition to providing fixed loops on some of our counter positions, all branches have a portable induction loop that is available for use in interview rooms
- We can arrange for an RNID Interpreter to be present for meetings free of charge, but please bear in mind this may require a few days notice
- You can access our telephone banking services or apply for products using Text Relay via a Minicom number.
Icon expand Dexterity
- We can give you signature stamps.
- We can provide templates to help you write your cheques.
For the website
Our new design allows for bigger buttons and links so you can use the website more easily. You can increase the font size to make the links/buttons larger.